The career of sports professionals (athletes, coaches, etc.) is usually significantly shorter than that of professionals in other industries. In order to ensure that you make the legally and economically correct decisions during this time, you need sound advice. Based on many years of experience in the sports industry, we can offer you competent and comprehensive advice on drafting, negotiating, and concluding employment contracts – both on the part of sports professionals and on the part of employers.
In the event of an employment-related dispute, for example due to premature termination of the employment relationship, or outstanding salary or bonus payments, we offer you competent advice and representation of your interests.. We support you in finding an out-of-court solution to the problem or, if necessary, in asserting your rights in court. Regardless of whether proceedings are necessary before the labour courts, internal association tribunals (e.g., FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber), or private arbitration courts (e.g., the Court of Arbitration for Sport), you can rely on our special expertise in sports labour law disputes.
- Advising multiple football player on transfer agreements and employment contracts, e.g. Xabi Alonso, Arturo Vidal or Álvaro Odriozola
- Advising a handball national team player in an employment-related dispute with his club
- Representing numerous professional football clubs from Germany and abroad in employment-related disputes before FIFA and the CAS
- Advising an English Premier League club on transfer matters
- Advising multiple player agencies on transfer matters